Holy Loch, with nearby Hunters Quay, was a major centre in times past – one of the cradles of yachting.
Hunters Quay was the headquarters of the Royal Clyde Yacht Club, which was formed in 1856, established its clubhouse within the new Royal Marine Hotel in 1871, and became a major regatta venue for much of the next century.
Holy Loch is one of the Clyde’s finest natural harbours, and two yacht yards flourished on its shores from those days. Robertson’s (on the northern Holy Loch Marina site), and Morris and Lorimer (on the main site) built many famous yachts, but eventually succumbed to the changing economic conditions of the last few decades.
Holy Loch Marina is reviving this maritime tradition – offering the leisure sailor a secure haven in superb surroundings.